The MPA Scholarship Program
Who is Eligible?
Scholarships are available to the children of active or retired members in good standing of the Mass Police Association. Children of deceased MPA members who were in good standing at the time of their death are also eligible. No person may be awarded more than one (1) scholarship. Eligible applicants must intend to further their education during the school year following the award. If a recipient does not enter school during that time, the amount of the award will be returned to the treasury.
Questions? Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards & Payments
All awards are in a "general" category. There will be seven (7) awards in each of the five geographical areas. The full amount of $1,000.00 will be credited to the student UPON RECEIPT OF A SECOND SEMESTER TUITION BILL by the Treasurer of the Massachusetts Police Association.
Applications for the Annual Scholarship Awards are now being accepted. As in the past, a total of $35,000 will be awarded to eligible recipients. Applications MUST be received by the Committee on or before March 31st of that year. Last year, the number of applications were greatly increased, and we anticipate heavy competition again this year. In order to be as fair as possible, applicants must follow all directions.
Please note: several applications had to be rejected because of failure to comply with application instructions.
How to Apply
- Detach and complete the accompanying application. Complete each & every question marking N/A if a question does not apply.
- Applications must be accompanied by an official high school and/or college transcript. In those cases where the school or college will not furnish the transcript directly to the student, please supply them with a stamped addressed envelope with the following information so that the transcript will be sent:MPA Scholarship Committee
Plainville Police Dept.- Sgt. Corrina Carter
Plainville MA 02762
Digital Transcripts can be sent to email@example.com
- Enclose any letters of recommendation that you wish to be considered by the Committee.
- A photo is to be enclosed 2”x 3”
- Be certain that the application is certified and signed by the local MPA Secretary /Collector
- Mail the completed, signed application, transcripts and other documents to:MPA Scholarship Committee
c/o Detective Jennifer Sattler
Holyoke Police Department
138 Appleton Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
- All envelopes must indicate, on the lower left side, the Area in which the candidate is applying for (See box below) any information that is received separately, (i.e. transcripts, etc) must also have the area labeled on the lower left side of the envelope front. It becomes extremely difficult to match applications with the area when no area is indicated. The area assigned for local department members is the area where the member works. For state or federal members, the area is where the member resides. The Geographical Areas are:
- Area 1 - Counties of Bristol, Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes & Nantucket
- Area 2 - Counties of Suffolk, Essex & Norfolk
- Area 3 - County of Middlesex
- Area 4 - County of Worcester
- Area 5 - Counties of Franklin, Berkshire, Hampshire & Hampden